Knocking Negative Talk Right Out of Your Life!

How to Love the Lemonade of Life!
by Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo
when life gives you lemons"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" is a common expression about looking for the silver lining in seemingly awkward and undesirable circumstances.

Personally, I love lemons! I would be very happy to have some tossed my way. In fact, one of my very favorite clients sent me a big box of Meyer lemons from her tree as a holiday gift. It was actually my favorite gift of all, and I thought about her every time I drank my yummy lemon flavored water.

I like to say, "When life throws you a curve ball, hit a home run." My youngest son Kevin's passion for baseball must be rubbing off on me!

Face it, life isn't going to just start tossing roses your way. There will always be things that throw you off course and give you the opportunity to reevaluate and get back on track.

How your body reacts to a challenge is determined to a large extent by your perception and the language you use to describe it.

Which is more empowering?

"I can't do that because of my fibromyalgia."

OR

"I would love to join you, and I look forward to a day when my body is strong enough to handle it."

That simple language shift results in a dramatic change in your quality of life.

Think About It!

Flooding your body with negative thoughts and emotions creates a cascade of changes that:
  • damages your immune system
  • degrades your ability to manage your blood sugar
  • shifts your brain chemistry
  • slows down your digestion
  • and leaves you feeling exhausted, overwhelmed, and uncomfortable.

So much emphasis is placed on the "doing" aspect of regaining your energy and creating vibrant health. Putting in active habits is absolutely necessary. BUT, if you continue with the same thought patterns, and fail to learn how to manage the curve balls, the new healthy habits will soon give way to old familiar stand-by's. Aligning your head and your heart is the key creating actions and thoughts that will see you through to your goals.

So when life throws you a curve ball; things don't go the way you planned; you have sick kids, an ailing parent, or impossible work deadlines... STOP.

Hit a transformational home run!Breathe.

Let go of the stress.

(even if your pause is just for a moment.)

Breathe in a positive memory or look at a picture of a place you love to shift your attention away from fear and worry, and, in that moment, you'll be poised to hit a transformational home run.

With much love and gratitude,

Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo 

**the above article came to me by email.  I heartily suggest you check out Dr. Ritamarie's site for excellent articles, videos, and other resources related to living a healthier-than-average life... lots of free stuff there.  Click HERE.

No comments:

Turn off the news. Throw away the newspaper. Get outside and go for a walk. Dr. Christiane Northrup said going for a walk is a perfectly acceptable form of treatment for certain types of depression!