|Taco Walnut-Meat Bowl|
I suggest that you prepare and group your ingredients ahead of time so that it is just a matter of sprinkle or dump and stir when it comes to the actual cooking process. If you make your own fave tacos already, go ahead and substitute your flavourings. Choose more or less heat for the recipe. I would rate this as "mild-medium hot" but I know that we all have different palates.
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups Carrot, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 3 oz. Ketchup
- 3 tsp. organic Soy Sauce, Tamari OR Coconut Aminos
- 2 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp. Molasses OR Coconut Syrup
- 1/2+ Tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/8- 1/2 tsp. Chipotle Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dry Oregano
- 1/16 tsp. Mexican Chili Powder
- 2 T. Lime Juice OR Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. or more Sugar
- 3/4 C. Walnuts, finely chopped
- Chop carrots up finely (in processor, if you have one) Set aside.
- Chop walnuts up finely in processor. Set aside.
- Combine the "sauce" ingredients in a small bowl: Ketchup, Soy Sauce, Apple Cider Vinegar, Liquid Smoke, Molasses. Set aside.
- Measure out Celtic Sea Salt into a small container and put aside
- Combine the "heat and flavours" in another small bowl: Smoked Paprika, Chipotle Powder, Black Pepper, Cumin, Oregano, Chili Powder
- Mix Lime Juice and Sugar into a small bowl.
- Heat small amount of oil in a small frying pan.
- Add onions and garlic to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add in carrots and bell pepper and add a good pinch of salt.
- Stir in Sauce ingredients.
- Stir in Heat and Flavourings and remaining Salt. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar/Lime and sugar.
- Simmer about 8 minutes, stirring to meld flavours
- Add walnuts and cook gently for 2+ minutes.
- Let the "meat" sit for a few minutes before serving.
|Use the Walnut Meat from this recipe for delicious Burritos|